International Leica Society
STUDENT PHOTO CONTEST
LHSA invites all interested student photographers to help celebrate and enrich our Spring Shoot meeting in New York City, April 13-16th at the New York Hilton Midtown. The Student Photo Contest is an open competition (no restrictions as to subject matter, color or monochrome, type of camera, digital or film) Interested photographers are invited to submit up to two (2) total, hi resolution, electronic images in JPEG format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submissions must be sent via email and shall be accepted no later than 12:00 pm CST, March 28, 2015.
All entries must have been shot in 2015 – 2016 and shall be the work of the photographer. The student will retain ownership of the images. Images will be judged by acclaimed photographer, Peter Turnley and will be announced during the meeting on Saturday, April 16th at 3:00 PM. Winners will be notified by e-mail or telephone.
1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place winners will be notified before the LHSA Spring Shoot meeting and will be invited to attend our annual meeting in New York at their expense.
2016 Spring Shoot Student Photo Contest : download contest information.
- Up to two (2) images may be submitted in jpeg format compressed no larger than 2 megabytes and no larger than 1024 pixels in the longest dimension
- Images may be in monochrome or color and must have been shot in 2015 – 2016
- Submissions shall be sent via e-mail to email@example.com, attention STUDENT PHOTO CONTEST 2016 in the subject line
- Images must be accompanied by an electronic Cover Sheet that includes:
- Each image shall be labeled A and B, if two images are submitted
- Name – address – phone # – e-mail of the entrant
- Image data should include a title, camera model and lens used
- Aperture and shutter speed and ISO if known
- First Place winner will receive a one-year Print Membership to LHSA – The International Leica Society. In addition, an interview and first place image will be published in the Viewfinder.
- Second through Fourth place winners will receive a one-year Digital Membership. All winners will have their image published in the Viewfinder.
- Winners will be invited to the Spring Shoot meeting. The Student Registration ($30 – Saturday only) will be the responsibility of the winner(s) You may register at: https://lhsa.org/events/default.aspx.
- If the entrant is attending the meeting, please notify LHSA by e-mail.
- Images will only be used by LHSA for the contest. Images may be displayed at the Spring Shoot, “Viewfinder magazine”, LHSA web site or other information sources.
- Images shall remain the property of the photographer
Register to attend the LHSA Spring Shoot · April 13-16, 2016 · New York City
$30 Student registration (Sat. only) · Got to lhsa.org and register today!