Image by Mark Kauzlarich, 2018 LHSA Grant recipient
Applications are closed.
We have reached our limit of 50 applications.
The third annual LHSA Photography Grant in the amount of $5,000 has been established to provide financial support for deserving photographers who are in the process of creating or completing a personal photographic project and to provide opportunities for their work to be seen by a larger audience.
The number of applications will be limited to no more than fifty (50) on a first come first served basis. All applications must adhere closely to the application requirements. If any application does not follow the requirements as outlined, it will be rejected.
This year we have made the application process easier. Please read below:
- The LHSA Photography Grant is open to photographers who are at least 18 years old on or before July 31, 2019. You do not have to be a member of LHSA to apply.
- If the applicant has received a previous grant(s) from any other entity for the same project, the project is not eligible.
- Use of a Leica camera is not required. Membership in LHSA is not required
- Images must be the work and property of the photographer. Any required releases are the responsibility of the photographer.
- The photographic project may be new or in progress and must be completed within one year of being awarded.
- By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless the LHSA and its officers, directors, and agents from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest.
- Officers and Directors of LHSA and past winners are not eligible to enter.
- Deadline: Applications are now closed.
Payment of Application Fee: $25.00 USD
Artist bio/Statement in the order below (must be submitted in a word document):
- Applicant’s Name · address · phone · email
- Project Title:
- Project Description: A written proposal that describes the purpose and nature of the project and how you will accomplish the project.
- Grant funds budget: A budget detailing expenses you expect to incur during the completion of the project.
- Any applicable website/social media links
- Applications must include a portfolio of 10 images that illustrate the nature of your project
- Each image file name must include Photographer’s name, title, and a sequence number. (i.e.: smith[title]01
- Images must be jpeg files up to 1500 pixels on the longest side
- Applications will be initially screened by a panel of judges selected by LHSA. Ten to fifteen of applications will be selected by an LHSA selection panel to be sent to our jury of distinguished photographers for final selection. All decisions of the selection panel or the judges will be final.
- LHSA reserves the right to amend grant rules and submission guidelines.
- LHSA reserves the right to not award a grant if in the sole judgment of the jury there is no submission warranting a grant.
- The grant winner will be announced at the LHSA Annual Meeting in Boston: Oct 18 – 19, 2019.
- The recipient will be featured in LHSA’s prestigious quarterly journal, Viewfinder, and will be considered for an exhibition at a Leica Store or Gallery in North America.
OF AWARD, DISBURSEMENT OF FUNDS & DEADLINE FOR COMPLETION
- Grant recipient(s) shall be selected and notified by e-mail or telephone before the 2019 Annual Meeting.
- Recipients will be invited to the annual meeting. All costs of attending other than registration fees will be the responsibility of the winner.
- Grant funds will be disbursed in two portions. $4000 up-front prior to project completion. The remaining $1000 will be disbursed upon completion of the project and upon receipt of a Project Report/ photo essay in digital form for the LHSA website.
- Grant recipients are expected to provide a brief follow-up report/blog post/photo essay upon completion of the project that describes how the project progressed, and which provides a detailed explanation of how funds were used.
- Final Project reports must be submitted within a year of the award disbursement.
COPYRIGHT & USE OF
The grant recipient retains all copyright and ownership of
images submitted and resulting from the
project. By accepting the grant, the award winner agrees to allow LHSA – The International
Leica Society to feature the final project on its website and quarterly
journal or otherwise to promote both the
project and grant.
questions about the contest shall be directed to LHSA at this email address: email@example.com.