Image by Beniamino Pisati
The LHSA Photo Contest is an open competition. The contest is sponsored by LHSA, The International Leica Society, 14070 Proton Rd. #100, Dallas, TX 75244. You do not have to be a member of LHSA to enter the contest. There are no restrictions as to the make or model of the camera used to make the images entered.
DOCUMENTARY: A single photograph of an unstaged situation that has a high human interest element and/or a fresh view of an everyday scene. Examples include, but are not restricted to, socio-economic, health, environmental or current affair subjects.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS
Submissions must be sent via email and shall be accepted no later than 4:00 pm CST, Sept 8, 2017.
Images will be judged by a panel, headed by Nicolas Pinto. Nicolas will be a featured speaker at the LHSA Annual Meeting on October 7, 2017. Winners will also be notified by e-mail or telephone prior to the announcement and will be provided free registration for the LHSA annual meeting in Chicago ($275 value for members).
First Prize: Leica D-Lux Typ 109 ($1095 value)
2nd Prize: Leica Sofurt Film Camera ($295 value)
Third Prize: Photo Book: Unposed by Craig Semetko ($50 value)
$20 per entry (1 or 2 images per entry may be submitted). Scroll down to the entry form below.
WHO MAY ENTER
- The contest is open to individuals over the age of 18. Use of a Leica camera is not required. Images must be the work of the photographer and the property of the photographer. Any required releases are the responsibility of the photographer. Officers and Directors of LHSA are not eligible to enter. Contest is void where prohibited.
IMAGE and SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS – Please follow closely
- Images may be in Monochrome or Color and must have been shot in 2016 or 2017
- One (1) or two (2) images may be submitted per entry in jpeg format and no larger than 3000 pixels in the longest dimension.
- Each file name must include Photographer’s name (with“A” and “B”, if two images are submitted)
- Images must be accompanied by separate Word or pdf document that shall include the following:
- First and last name – address – phone # – e-mail
- Image data: Title of work, camera model and lens used, aperture and shutter speed and ISO if known.
- Additional information regarding each image if desired.
- Submissions must be sent via e-mail to email@example.com. Include:“PHOTO CONTEST 2017” in the subject line.
- Winners shall be selected and notified by e-mail or telephone before the Annual Meeting in Chicago.
- Prizes may be picked up at the Annual Meeting; otherwise, they will be mailed.
- Winners will be invited to the annual meeting. All costs of attending other than LHSA registration fees will be the responsibility of the winner.
- If the entrant wishes to have their image displayed at the meeting they shall notify LHSA by e-mail and receive notice from LHSA headquarters of the date a print must be received by LHSA.
- By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor (LHSA) and its officers and directors, employees and agents from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest. Furthermore, you represent that you own all rights to the images you submit, and you represent that you are conveying to LHSA, its successors and assigns, permission to publish the images on LHSA websites, social media sites and in LHSA publications, such as “Viewfinder”, to display the images at LHSA meetings, and to use the images for promotional or other purposes related to LHSA. All images submitted will be available for viewing on the LHSA website (www.lhsa.org). All other rights are retained by the photographer.
- All questions about the contest shall be directed to LHSA at this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.